This afternoon we welcome the supporters, officials and playing staff of Ipswich Town to the Abbey Stadium for the second time this season. It is a match with many supporters of both clubs either knowing or living close to each other. Many will even be family members, so I hope it is a good-natured affair both on and off the pitch.
As SLO at Cambridge United I am involved with the Cambridgeshire FA Equality Diversity and Inclusion Committee. Cambridgeshire FA’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Group is a key tactic in promoting football for everyone. It enables Cambridgeshire FA to consult with its diverse communities, and ensures that the services
provided meet any gaps in provision. The committee’s purpose is to:
• Maintain a strategic overview of County FA work from an inclusion perspective.
• Support the County FA in their design, planning and consultation of county plans and development plans.
• Review, monitor and scrutinise all County FA programmes from an inclusion perspective.
• Receive and comment on inclusion assessments of key aspects of County FA work.
• Provide advice and support about the following:
• Community engagement
• Proactive interventions to address gaps in equality and inclusion
• Embedding inclusion into the county planning process
• Enhancing development programmes for inclusion
• Supporting the County FA with the continuous recruitment to Local Football AntiDiscrimination Panels
• Abide by the County FA Codes of Conduct
• Attend and represent EDI on committees and at Board via the EDI Committee Chair.
• Provide advice and support where relevant on fine-tuning disciplinary procedures to support good practice on handling allegations of discrimination.
• Support the County FA in the development of specific campaign work with targeted communities.
If you are interested in applying to be a voluntary member of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Group please contact Ryan Kay on 01223 209 036 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Members may represent or have a working knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
· Women’s and girls’ football
· Disability football
· Black, Asian and minority ethnic football
· LGBT football
I am the SLO @ Cambridge United. This page will provide information concerning match days for both sets of supporters.